Teriyaki salmon is one of my all time favorite go to meals when losing weight. It’s super easy to prepare and good when you are short on time but would want something amazing.
- Firm Tofu
1 Tablespoon of oil
4 salmon filets skinless
1/4 cup of low sodium soy sauce
1/8 cup of water
1 garlic clove minced
1/2 teaspoon of ginger minced
2-3 tablespoons of brown sugar
1 teaspoon of sesame oil
1 tablespoon of rice wine vinegar
1 teaspoon of cornstarch
1 tablespoon of water
*Green onions to garnish and sesame seeds if desired
- Add garlic, soy sauce, ginger, 1/8 cup of water, rice wine vinegar, brown sugar and sesame oil to a medium bowl.
- Add half marinade to a Ziplock bag and the other half to a small saucepan and set aside.
- Place salmon filets in the Ziplock bag and marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Heat oil in a large skillet. Add salmon filets to the pan but make sure not to overcrowd the pan.
- Cook 3-4 minutes on each side until desired doneness.
- At the same time, heat the reserved marinade in the saucepan and bring to a simmer.
- Add cornstarch and water to a small bowl and whisk to combine.
- Slowly whisk in the cornstarch mixture to the marinade and simmer until thickened.
- Remove salmon filets from the pan and serve immediately with the teriyaki sauce drizzled on top and add in green onions and sesame seeds for garnish.
To speed up cooking time, marinate the salmon the day before or in the morning the day of. If you like the sweet and tangy sauce of teriyaki sauce but not salmon, you can substitute any other meat or vegetables in it’s place.
*What to serve it with?
- Brown or white rice
- Lo mein
- Chow mein noodles
- Vegetable stir fry
Calories=316kcal, Fat Grams, 15g, Carbs 7g, Sugar 6g, Protein 34g
Serving size: 1 Filet
****If you liked my “Teriyaki Salmon” recipe don’t forget to share it with a friend.