Strawberry Banana Smoothie
Strawberry banana smoothie is one of my favorite go to drinks and is good for weight loss because strawberries are rich in vitamins, antioxidants and fiber. It can be enjoyed at breakfast, lunch or dinner. Be sure to check out some of my other favorite smoothie recipes on the Healthy Eating page.
- Cow’s milk: Substituting almond milk for cow’s milk makes smoothies taste like a milkshake.
- Using rice, soy, coconut or hemp milk is another option for your smoothie (keep in mind sweetened milk makes your smoothie sweeter)
- Yogurt: Yogurt adds protein to any smoothie. If you prefer to replace milk with mostly yogurt, start with 1 cup of yogurt and 1/2 cup of almond milk. Adjust consistency with adding more milk as needed.
- Fresh Strawberries: If you use fresh strawberries try to use a frozen banana or other frozen fruits. This will help in making the smoothie thicker rather than the consistency of a flavored juice.
- 1 cup of frozen strawberries
- 1/2 banana
- 2 tablespoons sliced raw nuts (almonds, pecans, walnuts and cashews are all an excellent source of protein and fiber)
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- 1/4 cup of granola (choose an unsweetened one)
- 1 cup of almond milk (or other non-dairy milk)
- 1 cup of unsweetened yogurt
- 1 teaspoon of honey (optional)
- Put all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour into glasses and serve.
- Garnish with a strawberry or any left over granola
Any fruit combination options can be utilized in this recipe. Almond, flax, coconut, rice and hemp milk are great lactose-free milk substitutions that also make very delicious smoothies.
NUTRITION FACTS: Calories 240kcal, Fat Grams 3g, Carbs 46
Serving Size: 1 serving
****If you liked my “Strawberry Banana Smoothie” recipe don’t forget to share it with a friend.