Strawberry Avocado Tomato Salad
Strawberry avocado tomato salad is a delicious option while losing weight for lunch or dinner.
- Approx. 25 grape or cherry tomatoes, vine-ripened if possible (about 285 grams)
- 1 lb fresh strawberries (1 container)
- 1 large avocado, ripe
- 1/2 cup fresh basil (loosely packed)
- 1/2 cup fresh mint (loosely packed)
- 2 tablespoon of hemp seeds
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds toasted
- 1/2 cup feta cheese crumbled
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1 tsp garlic powder (or 1-2 cloves garlic)
- 1 tsp liquid honey
- Salt + pepper to taste
- Wash and dry strawberries, tomatoes, and fresh herbs.
- Remove stems from strawberries, and slice into quarters. Slice tomatoes into halves. Place into a large bowl.
- Shred mint and basil, add to large bowl.
- Add all dressing ingredients to a small glass jar or container with a lid, shake well. Adjust seasonings to taste.
- Pour dressing over salad ingredients. Slice avocado and add to salad along with hemp seeds. Toss all ingredients well.
- Garnish with feta cheese crumbles and almonds
- Serve immediately or keep in the fridge. Best served cold!
*If you can, I would strongly suggest getting VINE-RIPENED tomatoes…it makes all the difference in the flavor.
*If making salad in advance, I would suggest adding the avocado just before serving to prevent browning.
*Number of servings will vary depending on how hungry you are. Recipe can easily be increased!
- This salad is best served immediately
- The dressing can be made up to 3 days in advance.
- I like to buy a block of feta cheese and crumble it myself, I think it tastes much better than pre-crumbled feta cheese which often contains anti-caking agents and other preservatives.
- I buy a bag of toasted sliced almonds for this recipe. You can toast your own almonds by placing them on foil in the toaster oven for 2-3 minutes on the toast setting, or by toasting them in a dry pan on the stove. Watch carefully so that your nuts don’t burn.
- Fruit: Try raspberries, blueberries, blackberries, apples or pears instead of strawberries.
- Greens: Use baby kale or arugula instead of spinach.
- Nuts: This recipe is also great with pecans, walnuts or pine nuts. You can even use candied pecans for a sweet finish!
- Cheese: While I love this salad with feta, it also works well with goat cheese or blue cheese.
Calories: 245kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g| Protein: 5g | Fat: 20g | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 20g
****If you liked my “Strawberry Avocado Tomato Salad” recipe don’t forget to share it with a friend.