Mixed Fruit and Yogurt Dessert
Mixed fruit and yogurt dessert is a fantastic way to sweeten your day because its light, delicious and filling. When I am losing weight or even in maintenance mode, I often enjoy one of these as a way to end my day or to cool off on hot summer days. Your fruit options are endless and you can substitute granola for the almonds if you desire.
- 2 cups of plain low-fat yogurt
- 1 (8 ounce) can of crushed pineapple (packed in 100% fruit juice with no added sugar)
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla
- 1/2 cup of strawberries
- 5 cups of mixed fruit (fresh or canned pineapple chunks, seedless grapes, raspberries, blueberries or sliced strawberries
- 1/2 cup of almonds
- In a blender put the yogurt, undrained crushed pineapple, 2 teaspoons of vanilla and 1/2 cup of strawberries and blend together.
- Transfer the mixture to a medium bowl, cover and chill for an hour or up to 2 days.
- To serve, spoon 1/4 cup of the yogurt mixture into each of the 8 dessert dishes.
- Add 2/3 cup of the mixed fruit to each bowl and top with remaining yogurt mixture.
- Garnish with almonds (or granola if desired)
NUTRITION FACTS: Calories 288kcal, Carbs 20g, Protein 14g, Fat 14g, Fiber 2g
Serving Size: 1/4 cup of yogurt mixture with 2/3 cup fruit
***If you liked my “Mixed Fruit and Yogurt Dessert” recipe don’t forget to share it with a friend.