Keto Broccoli Chicken Alfredo Bake
This Keto/Low Carb Keto Broccoli Chicken Alfredo Bake recipe will satisfy any pasta lovers appetite. It is a good alternative to using the traditional marinara sauce. And because it taste so delicious your family won’t even notice that you used a keto-friendly sauce to make it.
Alternate Vegetable Ideas:
- Brussel Sprouts
- Green Beans
- 3 tablespoons of butter, divided
- 3 Pounds of boneless skinless chicken breast. sliced in 1/2″ squares
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of pepper
- 2 tablespoon of chicken broth
- 1 ounce of cream cheese, softened
- 12 ounce steam bag of frozen broccoli
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 & 1/4 cup of heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon of Italian seasoning
- 2/3 cup of parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup pepper jack cheese, grated
- 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1/4 tablespoon of basil
- Melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a 10.25 oven safe skillet. (I prefer to use a cast-iron skillet)
- Season the sliced chicken on both sides with salt and pepper before searing them in the pan. (Sear both sides)
- Cover the skillet with a lid and simmer on low until the chicken is no longer pink.
- Remove chicken from the skillet and set aside.
- Deglaze the pan by pouring 2 tablespoons of chicken broth into the hot skillet then scrap the bits off the bottom with a wooden spoon. Leave the bits in the pan a they add extra flavor to the dish.
- Heat the broccoli in the microwave (follow the heating instructions) Or you can steam in boiling water on the stove.
- While the broccoli is cooking, add 2 tablespoons of butter to the skillet along with the minced garlic. Saute for 2 minutes or until fragrant.
- Add softened cream cheese, heavy whipping cream, and Italian seasoning to the minced garlic, then stir continuously with a whisk on a medium heat until the ingredients are thoroughly combined.
- Reduce to a medium/low heat and allow the sauce to simmer gently boiling until the heavy whipping cream has reduced and thickened. Keep whisking so that it doesn’t stick to the bottom of the pan. It wil take a few minutes for the sauce to reduce and thicken.
- Once it thickens, add parmesan and pepper jack cheese then continue to stir until the cheeses melt and the sauce is smooth.
- Drain the steamed broccoli.
- Add the chicken and broccoli to the keto alfredo sauce and stir until thoroughly combined.
- Sprinkle mozzarella cheese on the low carb chicken alfredo broccoli mixture then sprinkle basil on top.
- Pop the skillet in the oven on the top rack under broil on low for 1-2 minutes or until the mozzarella cheese begins to bubble.
- Serve right away and Enjoy!
Make sure to drain the broccoli after steaming. Any retained moisture can thin the alfredo sauce. If the sauce gets too thick, add a bit more heavy whipping cream. And if the sauce is too thin, continue boiling on low heat with the lid off and it will reduce. Make sure to whisk continuously.
Calories: 549kcal, Carbs: 7g, Protein: 52g, Fat: 35g, Fiber: 2g
***If you liked my “Keto Broccoli Chicken Alfredo Back” recipe don’t forget to share it with a friend.