Egg White Breakfast Sandwich
Looking for something delicious that’s good for you also? This egg white breakfast sandwich is the perfect choice. In this recipe I used a combination of parsley, basil, and rosemary. In total I used no more than 1 teaspoon for 1 small omelet. Dried herbs would work as well too.
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1/4 cup egg whites
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh herbs such as parsley, basil, rosemary
- 1 whole grain seeded ciabatta roll
- 1 tablespoon pesto
- 1–2 slices muenster cheese (or other cheese such as provolone, Monterey Jack, etc.)
- About 1/2 cup roasted tomatoes (recipe below)
- 10 ounces grape tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and coarse black pepper to taste
- Melt butter over medium heat in a small nonstick skillet. Pour in egg whites and season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with fresh herbs. Cook for 3-4 minutes or until egg is done, flipping once.
- Meanwhile, toast ciabatta bread in toaster. Spread both halves with pesto when done. Place the egg on bottom half of sandwich roll, folding if necessary, then top with cheese. Add roasted tomatoes and top half of roll. 1 sandwich.
- To make the roasted tomatoes: Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Slice tomatoes in half lengthwise. Place on a baking sheet and drizzle with the olive oil. Toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper and roast in oven for about 20 minutes. Skins will appear wrinkled when done.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 458
- Sugar: 3g
- Sodium: 953mg
- Fat: 24g
- Saturated Fat: 8g
- Unsaturated Fat: 4g
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 51g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 21g
To cook the egg whites, I used a very small nonstick skillet. You can melt the butter in the pan, pour in the egg whites and just let it cook. Flip once when it is firm enough to your liking. Enjoy!
***If you liked my “Egg White Breakfast Sandwich” recipe don’t forget to share it with a friend.