Grilled Chicken Wrap
Looking for a healthy lunch or dinner option the whole family will enjoy? This Grilled Chicken Caesar wrap will be sure to please and is great to enjoy while losing weight.
GRILLED CHICKEN CAESAR SALAD WRAP
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons low fat
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 1-pound total), trimmed
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 small romaine hearts
- 1/3 cup finely shredded parmesan cheese
- 4 of 8-to-9-inch wraps or flour tortillas; warmed
Preheat grill to medium – high.
- Combine lemon juice, oil, mayonnaise, garlic and pepper in a large bowl.
- Oil the grill rack. (see Tip). Sprinkle chicken with salt. Cut romaine in half lengthwise, leaving root ends intact. Grill the chicken until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part registers 165 degrees F, 4 to 6 minutes per side. Two minutes before the chicken is done, place the romaine on the rack and grill, turning once or twice, until lightly charred and beginning to wilt, 2 to 3 minutes total.
- Cut the chicken into bite-size pieces. Cut the root ends off the romaine, then chop the leaves. Add the chicken, lettuce and parmesan to the bowl with the dressing; toss until well combined. Fill each wrap or flour tortilla with about 1 ½ cups of the salad and roll closed. (Add thinly sliced red onions and chopped jalapenos, as desired)
Oil the grill rack before you grill to keep food from sticking. Bring a little bowl of oil out to the preheated grill along with a folded paper towel and a pair of tongs. Oil the paper towel, hold it with the tongs and rub it over the rack. (Do not use cooking spray on a hot grill –it can cause a flare-up).
*Vegan Tip: Exchange chicken for mushrooms instead
Eat neat: keeping, peeling back the foil as you go.
Calories 282kcal, Carbs 21g, Protein 15g, Fat 14g, Fiber 2g
Serving Size: 1 Wrap/tortilla
****If you liked my “Grilled Chicken Wrap” recipe don’t forget to share it with a friend.