Bacon Lettuce Tomato Sandwich
Bacon, lettuce, tomato sandwiches are a staple in my household. For lunch, dinner or on occasion even for breakfast. They are very tasty and can be made with many different bread, cheese and meat options. When I am losing weight, I prefer to use a low-carb wrap instead of bread, veggie bacon in place of real bacon, avocado mayonnaise and hold the cheese. But the options are endless with ways to make a BLT. Below you will see different choice options as well as my classic go to recipe.
- Pork Bacon
- Turkey Bacon
- Veggie Bacon
- Chicken Bacon
- Duck Bacon
- Smoked Gouda
- Goat Cheese
- Avocado Mayo
- Ranch Mayo Dressing
- Chipotle Mayo
- Whole Grain
- Romaine Lettuce
- Bibb Lettuce
- 12 slices of your favorite bacon (I prefer Applewood)
- 8 Slices of bread (whichever option you choose)
- 8 leaves of lettuce
- 12 slices of beef steak tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 4 tablespoons of light mayonnaise
- Fry the bacon until done and allow any excess fat to drain on a paper towel.
- Next, toast the bread.
- Spread 1/2 tablespoon on each slice of bread
- Layer on one prepared slice of bread with 2 tomato slices, 3 strips of bacon and a large lettuce leaf.
- Top with the remaining slice of toast, cut the sandwich diagonally and serve as is or with your favorite side.
Want to enjoy this delicious sandwich with only half the calories? Cut the sandwich in half and have a half cup of fruit or an apple instead. You can share the other half with family or a friend and make them happy as well.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Calories: 540kcal, Fat Grams 39g. Sugar 6g, Carbs 32g, Protein 15g
Serving size: 1 sandwich
****If you liked my “Bacon Lettuce Tomato Sandwich” recipe don’t forget to share it with a friend.