EATING VEGAN FOOD:
A vegan diet can be a lot easier to follow when you have a better understanding of the different foods to eat and snack options available. Planning meals each day will ensure a more successful weight loss journey and knowing a variety of foods to turn to will help make your transition to veganism a breeze. Plant foods are often anti-inflammatory and they can also help regulate digestion. Eating more plants may also reduce a person’s risk for chronic conditions, including heart disease and diabetes. But opting for the plant-based life isn’t just about nixing animal products. You still need to meet all your nutrient needs by eating a variety of different foods—which could mean adding new foods to your diet.
28 AMAZINGLY VEGAN FOOD ITEMS:
It is a myth that people on a vegan diet have to give up all of their favorite snacks and treats. In fact, there are many everyday items that appear on today’s market shelves that are completely vegan. Because of this, becoming a vegan does not mean giving up the foods that people enjoy as treats. Here is a list of snacks that are surprisingly vegan. Keep in mind they are processed foods so limiting the consumption while dieting is best. But when you are craving something salty or sweet these will definitely satisfy your taste buds.
1. Marie Callender’s Frozen Fruit Pies
2. Simply Potatoes (The Red Potato Wedges and Diced Potatoes with Onion varieties are vegan)
3. Nature Valley Granola Bars (In the Apple Crisp, Cinnamon, Maple Brown Sugar, Peanut Butter, Pecan Crunch, and Roasted Almond flavors)
4. Stacy’s Pita Chips (The Italian Harvest, Multigrain, Veggie Medley, and Simply Naked flavors are vegan)
5. Luigi’s Real Italian Ice (lemon/strawberry)
6. belVita Breakfast Biscuits (The following flavors are vegan: Blueberry, Chocolate, Cinnamon Brown Sugar, Cranberry Orange Breakfast Biscuits, Golden Oat, Toasted Coconut, Peanut Butter, Banana Bread, Mixed Berry, and Oats & Peanut Butter)
7. Pipcorn mini popcorn (All varieties are vegan)
8. THAI Kitchen Noodles (The Mushroom, Hot & Sour, Roasted Garlic, Spring Onion, and Thai Peanut flavors are vegan)
9. Triscuit (The following varieties are vegan: Balsamic Vinegar & Basil, Cracked Pepper & Olive Oil, Dill Sea Salt & Olive Oil, Fire Roasted Tomato & Olive Oil, Garden Herb, Hint of Salt, Original, Reduced Fat, Roasted Garlic, Roasted Red Pepper & Red Bean, Rosemary & Olive Oil, Rye With Caraway Seeds, Sea Salt & Black Pepper, Sweet Potato & Cinnamon Sugar, Sweet Potato & Roasted Onion, and Wasabi & Soy Sauce)
10. Ore Ida Extra Crispy Easy Tater Tots (And the regular french fries are, too!)
11. Back to Nature’s California Lemon and Chocolate Chunk cookies and Chocolate Delight granola are vegan
12. Lay’s Potato Chips (In the Classic, Deli Style, Lightly Salted, Wavy and Dill Pickle flavors)
13. Kellogg’s Mini Unfrosted Wheats Cereal (Sorry, but the frosting isn’t vegan. You can add fruits and other fun things to your cereal to make it more fun, though)
14. Lindt Excellence Cocoa Bars (The 70%, 85%, and 90% bars are vegan)
15. Thomas Bagels (In Cinnamon Swirl, Cinnamon Raisin, Everything, Onion, Plain, Plain Made with Whole Grain, and 100% Whole Wheat flavors. Also: Thomas’ Sahara Pita Pockets and Tortilla Wraps)
16. Bac-o’s Bacon Flavor Bits (You wouldn’t think these are vegan, but they are!)
17. Keebler Club Crackers (Keep the cheese away from your crackers and they’re vegan)
18. Minute Maid Soft Frozen Lemonades (All frozen Juice Bars, Soft Frozen Lemonades, and Soft Frozen Limeades are vegan)
19. Pillsbury Crescent Rolls (Original flavor only)
20. Duncan Hines Whipped Frosting (The Chocolate, Fluffy White, and Vanilla flavors are vegan)
21. Nabisco Oreo’s (Vegans everywhere will tell you this)
22. Nabisco Ritz Crackers (This snack staple’s original flavor is vegan)
23. Twizzlers (All varieties of Twizzlers are vegan and Red Vines are, too)
24. Super Pretzel Original (More like Super Vegan)
25. Red Bull and Monster Energy (Both are vegan energy drinks)
26. Kraft Italian Dressing
27. Sara Lee Oven Fresh Apple Pie (It’s totally vegan)
28. And…Of course any type of fruits
TIP: Often people avoid some of these vegan items because it is an assumption that all baked goods contain eggs and dairy. Familiarizing yourself with these and other vegan items can give you a multitude of choices associated with this lifestyle change.
*See “Vegan Fast Food List”, article for more vegan food options.
***If you liked “Vegan Foods” article don’t forget to share it with a friend.